Halloween:
I don't really get excited about Halloween because my family doesn't really have any traditions... yeah we went trick'or'treating when we were kids but I haven't gone since I was 11. The only thing I can think of is getting rice balls from Grandma Wilson. But other than that Halloween for me is just another night to sit at home and be bored.
Of course Jared wouldn't let me get away with being a lame head... So for him, I got into it this year. We got pumpkins and carved a couple of Jack-o-lanterns, we bought WAY too much candy, and we had Julie and Jared come over for dinner and a movie. It was fun the hang out and we actually had quite a few kids come by for candy. A few of the weird college kids too... but it was still fun.
Jared loved carving pumpkins.
We were lame and got patterns... I'm not very creative or talented when it comes to drawing of anything. This was mine.. I love it.
This was Jared's. :)
Thanksgiving:
Of all the holidays... Thanksgiving is my favorite. :) Good food... and even better dessert to wash it down. This year was a combined year for the extended Wilson family dinner. So the day before I spent helping make pies with all my sisters. As always, we made a TON of pies. I'm not sure what the total count was this year, but it was at least 12. It's always fun to bake and hang out with my sisters. Other than dinner with the family we just hung out all week. It was nice. I didn't take any pictures tho....
I have to postpone Christmas for another post. There is another story that goes before Christmas... :)
Much love,
Rachel Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment