4.02.2012

Christmas... and Arizona!!!

So I decided to keep going... :) I'm actually really just bored sitting and waiting for the new Bones episode to come on... so I've got a couple hours to kill.

Well, next in line is our awesome Christmas break.  After a couple LONG weeks of work in Sin City I was super ready for a break. Especially because I had been feeling so tired... pregnancy does that to you...  So we spent the week before Christmas at my mom's house hanging out with my family and visiting friends. It was a fun week. Busy, but fun. Christmas day was a blast, as always. We had all the siblings there for Christmas Eve and we had a fun night hanging out, having dinner, and trading gifts... we even watched White Christmas... ALL OF US. It was funny to see everyone snuggled up in parents living room. :) Now that we are older I think we all enjoy watching the grand kids open their gifts... they love it. But Christmas day was fun too. We went to church with my parents and spent time at my Grandma's. The next part of the adventure... Going to Arizona.

We had been planning to go down with parents to see Paul and Katie and the kiddos. It had been a long 7 months since I had seen them all... of course I did get to see Katie and Hannah for my wedding... but I was super excited to see Russell and Paul too. Plus, Paul and Jared hadn't yet met... except over Skype. So we were excited.
We left the morning after Christmas.... and drove all day... It was a good 10, almost 11 hour trip. The good thing though is that I had finally set Jared loose to learn to drive a stick after our honeymoon, because I didn't want to have to drive another 10 hour trip by myself. So we split up the time and had fun listening to music, a book on CD, and just being together with time to talk. But it was a long drive. We got to Mesa and headed to Katie's house. It was SSSSOOOOOOOOO good to see them again. Russell and Hannah were so funny and excited to have Grandma and Grandpa there. It was fun to hang out and play with them.
We spent the week doing lots of fun stuff. We went to the Zoo, we went to a cool park with a train, we went and saw the lights display at the temple and just had fun hanging out. Playing with the kids and getting to visit with Paul and Katie was really good. It was also really nice to be in the great weather. Shorts and t-shirts kind of weather in December makes me super happy. After a great week we had to go home to go back to work... and it was another long drive. But we made it home and got ready to head up north for work...



Pearl with her new pillow.

 On the train at the park with Russell.

Miss Hannah. She is so cute.

Russell on the train with Grandpa.


Mesa Temple





At the zoo... trying to decide where to go first.

Cute kiddos... :) 


Hannah having fun with Grandma.







Hoover Dam. On the drive home.

We also stopped at the temple in Vegas. It was gorgeous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment