It's hard to believe that we are past the half-way mark in this pregnancy. It seems like yesterday we found out we were having a baby... and now, it's crazy to think that in 4 short month's we are going to be able to meet our little man.
I've been feeling pretty good throughout the pregnancy, but the one thing that I've had a hard time with is exhaustion. The first trimester it was expected, and it was intense. I was looking forward to getting into the second trimester because everyone was telling me how great it was going to be to have energy again and actually want to eat. Well, those things never came. I haven't had morning sickness, but the fatigue hasn't lessened. I'm so tired all the time, and if I spend too much time on my feet I feel like I need to go to bed. I take 2-3 hour naps everyday, and even if I relax and do little things here and there I still feel exhausted. It's frustrating because I wanna go do things, and I want to keep up on the housework, but it's so hard to have any motivation to do anything when I feel so tired. So I've been trying to change what I eat, and going to bed at a decent hour... I even get up by 7 in the morning to get up and get moving, but nothing has changed. I'm going to talk with my doctor about it at my next appointment... but it's just frustrating.
Also, at the 20 week ultrasound I found out that I have gallstones. They are big, and there are a lot. It's a little scary because it's something that I have little control over. I have to watch what I eat, trying to cut out fatty and salty foods... which is hard for me. I have to cut back on chicken... which I love. The hardest part is the pain. If I lay on my right side for more than 10 minutes, I get this searing pain under my ribs. It's almost the worst pain I've ever experienced. Also not knowing if I'm going to be able to make it through the pregnancy without having to get my gallbladder removed. If any of the stones try to pass... they will have to operate. So it's scary.
Other than all this craziness... I'm done complaining for now. You know sometimes you just need a way to vent.
I am still in awe that I am actually growing a human. Every time the little man kicks me I am surprised. But I'm so excited. Being a mother is the only dream I've had in life. Now that it is coming true, it's still hard to believe. But I love to just sit with my hands on my stomach and feel him kick me. He continues to grow, and his kicks and punches are getting stronger by the day. I'm also growing bigger by the day... I feel like a beached whale. I can only imagine how big I'll be by the end. Everyday my excitement grows... but I'm also a little nervous about giving birth and how my body will handle it.
I'm also not excited about being pregnant in the middle of Utah summer. It's going to be miserable. I will be spending as much time as possible at the pool.
Jared is starting school in the fall, and he is very excited. I'm excited for him because I know how much he wants to go to school.
All things considered we are doing well. Excited about life, and about what is in store in our future. We can't wait to meet our little man. :)
We are getting closer. :)
Much love,
Rachel Lynn
No comments:
Post a Comment