4.03.2013

the last few months

Things have been busy around here, and I apologize for slacking.

I got my own route back in January and have been busy getting into the swing of being the boss, teaching my kids what I expect from them, cleaning my bus ( I have my own bus...), assigning new bus monitors, and learning to deal with parents. It's been crazy, but it has also been a lot of fun. I have really great kids on both my secondary and elementary routes. It certainly helps me enjoy my job more than I thought I would. Now we are ironing out some minor kinks with proper ridership... ( is that even a word?). I think that the kids are used to me being around and are now testing their limitations with me. It's kind of like parenting...

Jared is busy with school. Studying hard, and trying to find a job to start when the semester is finished. He recently got his CNA license so he is looking to work in one of the hospitals or perhaps a doctor's office. Slowly but surely. He is also going to transfer to UVU to finish school.

 We are also looking to move back to Utah county. Ick. I'm not too thrilled about it, bit if it means I can sleep in my own bed next to my husband every night... Than I'm game for anything. The last few months have been hard on us with me working in Springville and Jared in Ephraim going to school. Hopefully we will be able to find an apartment and move in when Jared is finished with the semester. So right now things are pretty crazy for us.

Alden is doing great! He does miss his dad during the week, and usually wants nothing to do with me when we are home. He just keeps on growing, getting more mobile and smarter by the day. He's now nearly 8 months old. I can't believe how fast the time is going.

Just a week after we got back from our Christmas trip he started to figure out how to roll. It took him a couple weeks to really master it, but as soon as he could roll all the way around he was gone. Now he never sits still. Just a week later he figured out how to crawl and had that mastered in a week. He is now able to pull himself to stand, and just recently learned what the stairs are all about. He is also always climbing on things. Anything that he can get on. Thanks to Grandpa Wilson he is getting ready to stand and walk on his own.

He is a funny kid and always keeps us laughing. He also always has something to say. He's always blabbering about something... I just wish we could know what he is telling us. It's probably secrets about heaven. ;) just this week he has started to wave, and now loves to wave hello and goodbye to everyone and everything he sees. He is also able to pick up pieces of food and put them in his mouth. He doesn't have any teeth yet, but he is starting to chew (gum) his food. He loves vegetables, much the the delight of his father ( and me too...). He will eat anything you put on front of him. He especially loves peaches, bananas, squash, green beans and peas. He also really loves to snack on graham crackers like his mom. He is generally just always happy. Which makes his mom a happy camper. 

I'm sure things will keep being busy, but I'm looking forward to the next two months. My sister and her littles are coming for a weekend Zion's trip. Yay! Jared is done with school at the end of the month. Double yay! Then only 15 days of work in May, and as soon as I'm off on the 24th we are heading to Boulder! Triple yay! I'm excited to have some fun and relaxing things coming up. And looking forward to the changes we have coming soon too. With any luck... And a lot of hope..... I will be able to stay home and not work this summer. We shall see.

Sorry, no pictures today. We cut our cable and internet... ( I'm writing this on my phone).

Much love,
Rachel Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment