6.11.2013

We love Summer!!

Now that I have some time to organize my life, I can put some time here to update everyone. :)

Anyhow, the last 2 weeks have been amazingly wonderful. I finished work on the 24th, and after a crazy last week it was much anticipated. I have to admit though, I've been missing picking up my kids every morning. I miss driving the bus. It was such a blessing to us for me to be able to work and especially for me to have a job that I loved so much. I am hoping to get the same kind of job, once we pin down where we will be moving. 

Jared is looking for work. Has been for 2 months now with only one interview. We are still waiting to hear from them...  But we are hanging in there. I'm no good when it comes to waiting. 

We left as soon as I got off work and made the 10 hour drive to Carson City. 

Somewhere in the Nevada desert we found this Windmill farm. :) 








We bunked up at Grandma Snyder's that night. The next morning we headed out to Sacramento to join the Snyder clan for Bug-O-Rama! That afternoon we spent at the Sacramento County Fair. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of sun!! It was nice to get some good sun. 

It was a fun and HOT afternoon, walking around put Alden right to sleep.

Love the Ferris Wheel! 

The following day we went to the famous Bug-O-Rama! Jared was like a little kid on Christmas morning. :) Basically it's a huge car show, races, and pick-n-pull for Volkswagen lovers. I've never really been a fan of VW's, but it was one on the coolest things I've seen. To see a little old Bug go 100 mph down a race track was pretty dang awesome. Not to mention all the cool cars they had in the car show... It was pretty rad. Anyway we spent the day there out it the heat and the sun, but it was a blast! We got to cool off in the pool at the KOA when we got back too, that helped. 


I want this Bus!!

The pick'n'pull. Basically a yard sale of everything VW. CRAZY!

Alden loved watching the cars race down the track! He didn't want to take his eyes off them!

Eventually fell asleep though. 


Watching the races!

searching his cubby for snacks. :)

Memorial day morning we headed back to Carson City. We spent the day relaxing and planning our trip to Oregon! It is nice to spend some good, uninterrupted time with both my boys! We've been going on walks, and playing outside. We have been playing inside with Grandma Snyder's bulldogs. Alden loves the chase them around the house!!  

Friday the 31st we headed back to Sacramento/Fairfield. We stayed at Emily's mom's house. (Emily is my sister-in-law). We got to hang out with Jim, Em and the kiddos as well as the Dahlin's! On Saturday we went to a ranch out in the 'boonies' and did some exploring! 



That afternoon Jared, Alden and I took off and went to the beach!! It was so fun to go as just us. Just our little family. And it was Alden's first time!!!! Ahhhh! He LOVED it! The water was a bit cold, and he wasn't too keen on it, but he had a blast playing in the sand!!! He was throwing it around and crawling everywhere exploring! He didn't even try to eat it! I was so surprised. We had a blast. We even got to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge! This was our second time, but last time it was dark... It is so much better in daylight!!!

of course we had to drive through San Francisco... and traffic was actually a lot better than the last time we were there.


My favorite wall art!!

And the BEACH!!! :) I'm a happy girl when I can see the ocean.

It was a beautiful day!




Alden had so much fun once he figured out what to do with the sand!!! I mean look at that face!




Love it!!! I love this boy!





He copied me. He figured out how to dig in the sand! He is so smart.






and then the Bridge!!!



So cool!

I have always loved architecture design so I love bridges!!! Every single one we go on I take pictures!

This time we went up to the headlands over look and I took some good pictures!


He didn't like the cold water much.


It was a perfect day!!!

Thank you Valorie and Doug for letting us stay and enjoy the chaos with you!! Little Brayden was blessed on Sunday! He is such a cutie! So happy that Jim and Em could add to their family!


Stay tuned for Part 2! The Road to Oregon!!! :)

Much love,
Rachel Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment