Because we were looking at a 14 hour drive to get to Newport, Oregon, we left right after church on Sunday(June 2).
We decided that we wanted to take the long route up the 101 and neither of us regret that. It was 5 hours longer, but it was the most beautiful drive I've ever been on. We ended up skipping San Francisco this time because we didn't want to do the traffic again after being there the day before. So we went up through Napa, and famous Napa Valley. Wine Country!!! I have to say that it was actually really cool. For miles, and miles all you can see are rows of grapes! It was incredible. (I was driving so I didn't get any pictures... sorry!) The 101 is a national scenic byway and part of it was 'The Avenue of the Giants' which are the Redwoods! Although we didn't have time to stop and explore we really loved driving through and seeing how huge these 'Giants' are.

![]() |
| Jared was gawking at the view the whole time |
I ended up driving the full 14 hours, but it was a really great drive. So beautiful the whole way. I keep dreaming about it, that's how amazing it was. We stayed at Beverly Beach State Park, which was a ton of fun! Probably the best part of the trip. It is only 10 minutes outside of town and it's literally steps from the beach. My favorite part was being put to sleep by the sound of the ocean. It was incredible. We didn't get into our campsite until close to 2am so we ended up just sleeping in the car that night. Jared fell asleep around 8pm and was asleep the rest of the drive... so he got plenty of rest. That is what I wanted though because his interview was at 8:30 the next day.
![]() |
| Yaquina Head Lighthouse |
We headed back into town after Jared was ready and got him to his interview a little early. Alden and I drove around town while we waited. When Jared got done we went and had breakfast at a local diner. It was really good. We decided to spend some time in town, and went to see the two lighthouses. Yaquina Head, and Yaquina Bay. They are both really cool, and Alden loved going down to the tide pools. He loves the beach. :)
![]() |
| Newport Bay Bridge |
All in all it was a great trip... And even though the job didn't pull through, we were glad we got to go and spend some good time as a family. Alden loved playing at the beach and camping! He was such a trooper with the long drives.
Stay tuned for more updates coming soon... :)
Much love,
Rachel Lynn




No comments:
Post a Comment