7.17.2010

'aint I supposed to be on my vacation?


This weekend has been a not so good one for me... I've spent the last two nights puking my guts out. I don't know why and I'm uber frustrated and grumpy about it. But other than that my vacation has been really great. Lot's of adventures, lots of thinking time, lots of relaxation. The weather has been great here and I've been loving it!! Lot's of hiking, running, etc... I've taken so many photos as well!!! I'm loving it so much that I might move here permanently!! But as much as I am loving it here I find my self more often missing home... Utah. I miss my beautiful Maple Mountain. I miss my backyard with lush green grass that I can lay on and take a nap. I do not miss the heat, but I do miss the fact that the heat keep most the bugs away. That is one thing that bothers me about where I am... great location, beautiful scenery, but it's just humid enough that the bugs are ALWAYS around. They never take a break! Even in the middle of the afternoon when it is very warm... I sit outside in the evenings to enjoy a good book and some lemonade and I go crazy because the stupid mosquito's and flies will not leave me alone... AGH!!!! Anyway, enough rambling about things that have no real importance in life... but I had to get my two cents in. All that said, I've had a lot of time to think about life. It has been a while since I actually sat down and thought about how much importance I place on the little stupid insignificant annoyances in my life. I've realized that I am very selfish, and it stops now. I know that I'm human and I can't be perfect at being completely selfless, but starting right now I am going to make a conscious effort to try my hardest to be more selfless. This world has enough rude, egotistical, selfish people... I don't want to be one of them. :)


This is Mt. Hood. This is my favorite photo that I have taken in the last m
onth. It is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment